View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 12:35 AM
Newbie ;)

I Think I Found Him, Now What?

Hello lovelies,

I'm in need of a little support.

I think I found my twin flame. We have known each other for over a year and a half now. Immediately I was drawn to him (of course), but it took a week for me to figure out I was in love with him --I just felt his familiar-ness overwhelm me in the best way. We have the most deep, intense intellectual and emotionally-charged connection. Our speech and movements seem to mirror each other. We each pick up where the other lacks, and I feel I am my best self with him, when our walls are down.

I never believed in "signs" before him. For starters, you can spell my name with letters from his name, and we both have really unusual names (Fay is my short form nickname). We have over 100 emails exchanged back and forth, and many of my peers have noticed he has an interest and care for me that goes beyond how he treats everyone else. But he is always careful to respect my boundaries, and never hit on me.

The thing is, he is a professor at my college diploma program. I was prepared to wait until after I graduate, in about two years from now, to approach him romantically. However, a recent turn of events has me withdrawing from this school to transfer to a different one. This means I will be able to ask him out for coffee sooner than expected! But he is away on sabbatical this year across the country, so I'll still have to wait until next year. I'm feeling a little discouraged by the odds --what if he feels it's wrong, or what if I misread the signs and signals (there are so many, but still)? What if our age gap is too much for him? I'm struggling between "law of attraction" and "let go". How do I navigate this ...