View Single Post
Old 29-06-2017, 10:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebluefaerie
Weight issues is something I have struggled with a lot in my life, so I know where you are coming from. I am still on my weight loss journey.
It helps to understand that the struggle isn't with weight loss. The struggle is with food addiction. Switch to a whole food only lifestyle and it is impossible to be overweight. The body naturally and effortlessly sheds all excess weight until it finds its ideal plateau weight.

I said it requires a lifestyle change. That's the outer expression of intent. The inner expression is the shift in consciousness that also takes place. There's a psychological and soul aspect to this. If I know the problem isn't me --
inability to lose weight; inability to stay on a diet -- then I stop blaming myself. That's first and foremost given self-shaming is one of the reasons people overeat.

The "blame-focus" then correctly shifts to where it belongs: on those foods that cause weight gain. Once that happens, the individual has now gained control of the situation. Because again, feeling out of control in one's life causes psychological reactions that lead to certain negative behaviors like overeating.

If I'm in control, I can now call the shots. I experience this myself all the time, even six years after switching to my whole foods only lifestyle. Say I go into a coffee shop with a friend. They order a coffee and cinnamon bun. That bun looks delicious to me... for about 1/2 second. Then my "in control" self takes over and says, "No way. I'm not eating that. I'm BETTER than that bun. Being at my perfect weight is many times better than eating that thing."