View Single Post
Old 31-03-2019, 07:02 PM
Master
I'm glad you did that Clover. I am fascinated to try and figure out what makes astrology work - it's a great topic.

Pinkskymelody raised a lot of points. I'll just look at this one:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkskymelody
Among my findings, it just dawned on me that Astrology is simply projected psychology that happens to resonate with a few of us.
If that were the case then people I've read for who didn't resonate with it were blown away by my accuracy. I used the Vedic/Hindu sidereal system plus my own spin on it.

Now what is "psychology" really? The ancients who created astrology or its precursor never heard of Freud or neurobiology or anything that is called "psychology" today. I am convinced after years of research that the psychology of the past was based on an indepth understanding of our spiritual energy system of chakras and nadis, and how in a lifetime we come into the world with a blueprint of things we want to learn and people we need to meet and situations we need to come in contact with. Mind is more than the brain and nervous system, much more.

There are cave paintings from prehistoric times that are maps of the sky - showing Taurus constellation as the bull. And there have been shamans since prehistoric times too going into altered states and perceiving dimensions of mind as well. From these primitive beginnings evolved some kind of sophisticated system for understanding karma and personality issues related to the life journey. With internet we are able to connect the dots so to speak between cultures of the past and present.

I didn't mean to give a lecture here only to point out that there is a lot more to astrology than the sun sign and your garden variety psychology. It's based on dimensions of experience that most people haven't explored or are not even open to exploring yet - but I believe it will be a tool of the future, very likely a tool for psychotherapy but definitely for all kinds of other matters important to life as a whole.