Thread: Kabbalah
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 10:45 AM
Master
"Kabbalah is a doctrine of esoteric knowledge concerning God and the universe.

Kabbalah stresses the reasons and understanding of the commandments...Technically speaking it explains laws of "light".

In the late Dr. Feynman's words: "By light we mean the entire electromagnetic spectrum, not just the very small portion described as visible light and accessible via the vision of our eyes.

When I say 'light' -- , I don't mean simply the light we can see, from red to blue. It turns out that visible light is just a part of a long scale that's analogous to a musical scale in which there are notes higher than you can hear and other notes lower than you can hear.
The scale of light can be described by numbers - called the frequency - and as the numbers get higher, the light goes from red to blue to violet to ultraviolet.

We can't see ultraviolet light, but it can affect photographic plates. It's still light - only the number is different. (We shouldn't be so provincial: what we can detect directly with our own instrument, the eye, isn't the only thing in the world!)
If we continue simply to change the number, we go out into X-rays, gamma rays, and so on. If we change the number in the other direction, we go from blue to red to infrared (heat) waves, then television waves, and radio waves.

"For me, all of that is 'light'"

Dr Feynman was Jewish, as was Einstein.

While the Kabbalah Center is controversial, their book about the Kabbalah,
"The Way", is very uplifting, enlightening, and refreshing.
You will be edified.

It might be found at your local Library.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein