View Single Post
Old 29-04-2013, 06:20 PM
amy green

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie<3
No, I know that high BP is a contraindication. But I've never heard that its not recommended to get a massage because of it, which is what I thought you were stating in your original post...? I know that you should get approval from the clients physician before proceeding.

Right you shouldn't stop your high BP medicine but garlic is an all natural way of treating the high BP and can be supplemented in with the medication and with doctors help you can start to come off the medication and use only garlic. If that's something you're interested in. If not, that's absolutely fine. :) just didn't know if you knew the benefits of garlic, alot of people I come across do not.
It seems to depend on the type of massage, i.e. deep tissue is more likely to be ruled out. As indicated above, MLD could be viable following GP's consultation.

Yes I really like garlic. I will look into the feasibility of coming off the medication (which I loathe taking) and taking the garlic supplement....not optimistic though - orthodox medicine has a low view of natural therapies (as you probably know).