View Single Post
Old 21-04-2019, 07:50 AM
Master
I don't know about clothes and jewellery Lepus!
I go with people's views, actions, and beliefs, and how it shapes the environment they live in, and how people are also shaped by their environment..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepus
I believe many don't discuss these topics is because many spiritual seekers want to improve their lives, and religious followers are more concerned with an outside force to arrive to 'save them' from the 'end of times'.

I believe it to be a reflection of the society we have created. Removed from nature, existing in but sterile man made landscapes with a handful of domesticated animals. All that remains is 'the self'. Buddhism for instance was born and raised to maturity in an urban context. Christianity believes humans are God's most precious creation. People start to imagine they are the only thing that matters, that they are the epitome of life ((central in all mainstream religion)), and that their suffering and existential dread gives a glimpse into the secret of the universe..

The connection is lost, and 'the other', be it the Earth, the animals, or other people become only tools to said individual..

You mentioned Gaia. I think this would be a good example as well. Do we worship a deity for our own gain, just as ''an aspect'' of some supersoul, or do we recognize, revere, and respect diversity of life and the very creativity of the universe, which includes some spirits occupying other bodies and having unique functions in this web of life..?

It seems to me this recognition is a taboo outside of the 'pagan' context...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepus
But there are some people making a difference in nature regardless whether they're spiritual or not.
Yes.. that is funny. People can actually worship and revere the Earth and the Sun even if they're not using those words..
In practice I see no difference..

Thank you for your thoughts, Lepus..