View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 11:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynu
I didn't find you preachy.....I'v never heard of a flat stanley but he does sound a bit dull.LOL..(Is stanley even a person?)

HA. He is a bit dull. It was a thing a while back in the US, with schoolchildren. They would draw a picture of Stanley (I don't know who Stanley is based off of or where he originated, probably with school teachers) and give it to someone they knew who was going on a trip. Then that person had to take Stanley with them, and take pictures with him in the picture. So Stanley and Grandma & Grandpa were at the Colluseum, or the Louve, or where ever. It really caught on. You can probably google flat stanley and a lot of flat stanley pictures show up.

Oh, I had to google it - http://www.flatstanleyproject.com/ And it appears I was not correct. Flat Stanley has had quite a ride...

Well, I was a very preachy Mom, and over the years as my kids are now adults and have been for many years, that has to go, but it is a hard habit to break. I inherited it from my mom :) But thank you for the thought.