View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 09:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by baronesslucy
Over the years I've had many experiences which were very unusual. None of them were frightening but they were strange or unusual especially to those who have never experienced them.
For this reason, I try to be very careful telling anyone about these experiences. I wonder if others have been treated the same way I have when telling others about paranormal experiences.
First, 'unusual' does not mean they are paranormal.
Second people are unreliable witnesses, they report lots of stuff that just never happened. Yes some are mentally impaired, drunk, on drugs, whatever, but it happen to ordinary people also.
Third, weird things frighten many people, so they do their best to deny those experiences, especially if they happen to others.
Fourth, there is so much fake evidence out there its easy to just dismiss all of it. This includes most of the 'ghost' videos on Youtube.
Fifth, most people are inexperienced and ill informed about 'unusual' happenings and so make claim of the unusual when what they experienced is real but just uncommon. Take for example the number of 'orb' photos on this site, most of which are clearly just ordinary lens flare. In these cases, its more a dismissal of 'unusual' than it didn't happen at all.

I know this does not fully explain why they don't accept that anything happened to you. Perhaps its easier then actually taking the time to listen and work through what really happened.