View Single Post
Old 24-02-2017, 12:24 AM
Knower

Can you restart from an earlier time if you die and haven't done your goal?

I was watching Edge of Tomorrow last night where Tom Cruise's character repeatedly dies, only to restart on the previous day and I was wondering if someone died and didn't complete their purpose in life, could they restart from an earlier time where they merge with one of their infinite other selves in a parallel universe while the old universe they left behind, their dead bodies are buried. So if I died at age 32, could I go back to being age 12, back in the year 2000, if my goal in life wasn't completed? This makes me wonder if death is only an illusion because of the body's limitations.

Also, will our memories be intact if it is possible? Like I will have memories of the future and wanting to reincarnate as my non-existent twin sister or will I lose all of my memories, leading back to that moment in that particular point in time? Meaning everything that happened after the year 2000, from 2001-2020 is no longer remembered and overwritten by new memories. Like I'm not aware that 9/11 will happen on September 11, 2001.

Maybe you're given a choice to either start over with a new life or return to before when you died, which could be from 5 seconds until your initial death to all the way back to the day you were born. I think that would be pretty interesting and would make a great idea for a TV show or film. It also kinda reminds me of films like Groundhog Day, The Butterfly Effect, and Donnie Darko and even the TV show Quantum Leap.