View Single Post
Old 18-10-2018, 06:47 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCreativeSpirit
I got two tickets for Greyhound free to travel across three states starting today. And I am also getting a medication free today too.
Don't you even realise that others have had to pay for these things? They seem free to you because you've had to pay nothing. Other people have paid for you.

One of the things that galls me about this LoA thing is the underlying attitude that "the world owes me a living." The only things that are free are those existing in Nature that can be taken from the soil at the point of taking them. Once you add a service to something it has to be paid for somewhere along the line. Even a volunteer giving the service has to have the wherewithall to survive and that usually means earning. If a hermit came on here and said "I got this free." then I might believe them.

When I found a tenner in the street my first reaction wasn't "Aha! Free money for me!" It was pondering on who has deprived themselves of it through (possibly) carelessness and can they now afford their shopping today?

The only thing I get free is the air I breathe.