View Single Post
Old 15-10-2019, 10:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
Krishna has stated humility to be a sign of wisdom and knowledge.

Humility; pridelessness; nonviolence; tolerance; simplicity; approaching a bona fide spiritual master; cleanliness; steadiness; self-control; renunciation of the objects of sense gratification; absence of false ego; the perception of the evil of birth, death, old age and disease; detachment; freedom from entanglement with children, wife, home and the rest; even-mindedness amid pleasant and unpleasant events; constant and unalloyed devotion to Me (Self); aspiring to live in a solitary place; detachment from the general mass of people; accepting the importance of self-realization; and philosophical search for the Absolute Truth – all these I declare to be knowledge, and besides this whatever there may be is ignorance.” ( BG : 13.08)

The transcendental qualities are conducive to liberation, whereas the demonic qualities make for bondage. Do not worry, O son of Pandu, for you are born with the divine qualities. (Chapter 16, Verse 5)

By arrogantly stating that you possess scholarly knowledge, don't you think you are missing out on humility as taught by Krishna, and thereby creating karmic bondages for yourself !
Although we don't cross paths much, kindly allow me to show you something...it will also serve to educate others:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/member.php?u=45514
Kindly bring your attention to the date of birth.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/member.php?u=48527
Kindly bring your attention to the date of birth.

Those born on this day are karmically incapable of experiencing humility (and empathy).

We also cannot be taught - not even by God himself.

I have been banned from every place I have ever attended because of it. I have also made many enemies because of it!

The thing is, we need to work with what we have and those of us who have huge egos (like the OP and myself) have gotta learn blatant self-honesty REAL quick to be on any kind of a "spiritual path".

Yes, I know I am arrogant, overbearing, not humble....I freely admit it, but unlike most Leos with a number 1 life-path number, I have learned that whatever I say NEEDS to be beyond reproach and beyond question, so that I don't come out of the argument looking like a total idiot for my obvious lack OF knowledge...which is something the OP has yet to master...he better get a wiggle-on.

There is something else that only a 1st Leo will get ..

The OP is in his 70's...a Leo..a number 1....a Hindu ...

India has changed drastically...the religion has changed! Teachers now are nothing like they were from the 50's to the 70's...gone are the days when we would hear beautiful bhajans by Lata Mangeshkar, Mohd. Rafi...nowdays, if I hear another heavily autotuned bhangra bhajan with electronic drum accompaniment, I'm gonna throw something at my stereo player...and I am only 55! I cannot imagine how a 70+ Hindu would feel about not being able to find anything "traditional" about a "tradition" anymore, so it makes them all bitter and twisted about the religion and all who practice it...watch..

Why do Hindus not enjoy their work? Because it is 2019 and not 1969 anymore!

Now you all will begin to understand what it is that I know!

Hara Hara Mahadev!