View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 06:23 PM
Master

It depends what is meant by "a different location".

When you separate from the body you might expect to find yourself in the same room as the physical body but floating outside it. But instead you find yourself in a different "physical" location.

This is not uncommon. Jurgen Ziewe would often find himself in his mother's garden in Germany at the beginning of an out-of-body experience. In another book I read, the author would often find himself outside his father's house on leaving the body. These locations became the starting-points for their adventures. I sometimes wonder if these particular locations were subconsciously chosen because they were considered as somewhere safe to begin.

Or otherwise the locations are astral rather than physical. Robert Monroe would often find himself in some random astral locale after leaving the body, and he would then have to deal with whatever environment he found himself in.

Yes, there are mental and higher mental planes beyond the astral but from Robert Monroe's descriptions these mental planes are completely different. They are realms of colour and geometry and deeply blissful. After visiting these planes it was very painful for Monroe to be back in the physical, so I seem to recall he stopped going there.

Peace.