View Single Post
Old 28-03-2020, 10:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
This year, I plan on finishing the Colored Stone program from GIA.

This year I started collecting Pearls. Most of them are GIA certified. It wasn't till this year that I had any interest in Pearls. Now I want to get certified in Pearls after completing the Colored Stones program from GIA.

As for Citrine, I saw some fantastic looking Citrine points this year at some of The Tucson Gem/Mineral/Rock, etc. shows but ...... they were not Citrine. The Natural Citrine I get comes from South Africa. They normally do not have the aesthetic beauty of a synthetic but once you know what Naturals look like, it is hard to look at synthetics again.

I do have a large Natural Citrine cluster that have about 50 - 75 Double Terminated Citrine Crystals on each side of the cluster.
It does depend where it's from, what area. The same with for instance amethyst or rose quartz. I have rose quartz that is intensely pink and rose quartz that is lighter. Some are more semi-transparent.
Lot of variations and all are rose quartz.

From what I've seen it's the same with citrine. My large point is very light, the ones they sell in the shop I visit are darker, yellower. I believe these are from Africa as well.