View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 11:12 PM
Master
How Close is Science to Understanding Consciousness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkwa_s2zmAQ

"With Julia Mossbridge, Donald Hoffman, Edward Frenkel, Anthony Aguirre, Federico Faggin; facilitated by Deepak Chopra.

Five different scientists with varying views of consciousness or mind. This panel will be a conversation between these different views to understand their contributions, and to see how they understand each other, and how they relate to other theories of consciousness. The point is to have a genuine deep dialogue between scientific theories of consciousness, to find commonalities, and the meaning of the differences. We will explore whether scientific theories have a consensus about anything relating to consciousness, like an operating definition of consciousness. This panel will be facilitated with an eye from the nondual view of consciousness, to ask questions and address issues in the study of consciousness that can help in looking deeper into the assumptions and conclusions of each theory."

Hi, JustASimpleGuy,

How Close is Science to Understanding Consciousness?....this close:
http://holofractal.net/introduction/

Excerpted from the paragraph, Nature's Guiding Principle: The fractal-holographic universe is a geometric understanding of reality and thus represents a divergence from the assumption of a universe composed of subatomic particles towards a recognition of nature’s underlying patterns. Both the inner and the outer world can thus be described as pattern-based systems through geometric shape, proportion or principle.

...and if you were to take a look at the individual posts which amplify the introductory articles, you may be as amazed as I, to recognize the symmetry of consensus emerging from what "appears" to be from separate sources (i.e. the 2 URLs we've contributed herein).

In addition to what you've provided in your reference: (which I'm very much enjoying!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkwa_s2zmAQ, there is, at point 15:14 into the discussion of your YouTube, the following sentence which is uttered: "Consciousness is the context that gives meaning to information". THAT is the symmetry between our respective sources that is reflected in the sub-articles below. (it's uncanny)!

Spiral Vortex Meditation
Consciousness and The Brain in a Fractal-Holographic Universe
The Schwarzschild Proton
Renormalization
The Quest for Quantum Gravity
The Unified Space Memory Network
The Biocrystal

How close? Everywhere at once.

....or as I'm fond of saying Ever here, Even Now.

Enjoy!
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 02-12-2019 at 02:57 AM. Reason: clarify inputs found