Thread: altars
View Single Post
Old 22-09-2017, 12:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kine Lea
I've maintained a shrine for many years now. It is on a shelf in the corner of my room.

For cleansing, simple tidiness works best for me. Sometimes just clearing the shelf and leaving the space empty for a day or two also works. Spring water and occasional votive offerings will help to keep the shrine active.
As for charging, I don't focus energy into the shrine as I used to, my interests have since shifted. However I couldn't be without it.

Also, I'm not psychic and so unable to see any iridescence that may occur due to increasing build up of energy. Although one time, when I first began using a shrine, I had an unwelcome visitor enter my home and was almost psychically aware of my shrine being drained of all it's energy. In other words, I wasn't aware of any energy build up until it was gone. It was a little upsetting, though now I think on it as like a kind of spiritual anti-virus - cosmic protection.

I also keep a goldfish bowl (without water), but have seashells and rose quartz, coral, and twigs, as a secondary shrine.

What is a vortex, and how do you recognize it as one?

Thank you for sharing your experience with your shrine.

Vortices are formed when two ley lines meet. I first became aware that ley lines were running through my house by the cats behaviour. They would act a certain way when something was happening that I couldn't see.

I finally used dowsing rods made from wire coat hangers and spent some time outside tracking down the ley lines. When I walked to the area where the vortex is, the dowsing rods moved to the side, one to the left and the other to the right. I then determined if the vortex swirled clockwise or counterclockwise. It swirled clockwise which means positive energy is in it.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)