View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 01:47 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
My spiritual development started gradually since my childhood but since a Kundalini awakening last December things have speeded up rapidly.

As a child I followed the Christian faith - I believed in God and prayed very fervently. My mum was Christian and my dad Jehovah's Witnes so religion was quite important in my family although it wasn't religiously dominated. My family life was generally very dysfunctional though and I turned to my ideas about God to escape. I also turned to fantasy through stories and TV. Looking back, my creativity was clearly a source of spiritual strength.

At age 18 I started to explore other avenues such as spiritualism and reiki. I became very ill and started to explore alternative therapies too. In my late twenties my marriage broke down, my child was diagnosed with autism and to cope I started seeing a homeopath who had strong Shamanic/spiritual faith. She recommended the book 'The Power of Now.' It really started from there. I began to meditate and explore the idea of spirits being around us. I dipped in and out of this because I had other stuff in my life that took priority, including motherhood, but this really set the scene for my spiritual development. I have always focussed on the meaning of life and tried to make sense of it all.

I joined this site in 2007 when I was heavily into reiki and spiritual healing. Last year lots of really awful stuff happened and I began to really grow as a human being. I visited two mediums and recieved evidence that we live on after death. I think my Kundalini opened as a result of all this. Last December I had a sudden awakening which left me very psychic. I feel blessed.
I also read that book "The Power of Now" And his other books as well. In the back on "Practicing the Power of Now" There are many other books he recommends reading by other Spiritual Teachers/Masters. THe real game changer for me was "conversations with God" Then the Power of Now. There's another book I want to read by a PhD. and the president of The intuitive network called, "The root of Consciousness." Thanks for sharing.