View Single Post
Old 23-03-2016, 11:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulsInMotion
Now for meds and treatments and all that. I realized what junk science the whole mainstream establishment is based on when I was prescribed some beta blockers for anxiety, and when I took them, suddenly felt like I was living in some kind of unreal haze that scared me more than anything that put me on it in the first place. After the first couple of pills I threw the bottle in the garbage and made a commitment right there to get to the root of my own problems rather than just mask symptoms.

I began to study via the internet...
This was exactly my experience with meds - I quit them after 2-3 weeks - and it's the reason why I quit. I needed to understand the cause, and what brought me to a place of depression. I didn't go on the internet though. I spent some days examining my life, and came up with several life choices I'd made along the way that lead to my depression. These included career choices, spiritual belief choices, relationship choices, lifestyle choices, along with my general negative attitude towards life. I then set about to transform all of it. It took several years but I accomplished everything I set out to do. And my life has never been happier.