View Single Post
Old 16-08-2018, 10:45 AM
Master

Thanks sentient for your contribution, there is a kind of anti-hell sentiment due to Christianity, but as far as I can see even early Buddhism referred to multiple hell realms. I'll watch your links ASAP :)

edit:interesting issue, DP/DR, I say that because I willingly went into a void like space because I think it is where the old self breaks down, but while I was in there I found that it was completely dark (not hell like, just dark), and to do what I had to do and go further I needed light to see by. After a few days I thought to myself "Jesus is the name associated with light par excellence," and that day light started to shine in the black void, and progress unfolded. When I think of this void as the place that Buddhists aim to enter and accept as the end point I can't help but think that for me this was the point where I first looked to Jesus in full consciousness and with an awareness that I couldn't create the light that I needed in the dark by myself.

I told someone this story and he said to me that any deity would have given me light, it's an interesting idea kind of related to this thread, and I find myself wondering about the possibility that any deity would do, and if I was programmed to think of Jesus, or whether it really could only be Jesus who supplies that light. I did have an experience many years ago where I was suffering and I asked Jesus for help and the suffering disappeared instantly, so I might be primed to just turn to Jesus again, it's altogether an interesting topic to me anyway.

Last edited by django : 16-08-2018 at 12:51 PM.