View Single Post
Old 21-05-2017, 02:09 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
"Awakening" is always a good thing to discuss. :) And yet you are correct, the subject is often more semantically explored.. while I tend explore it's implications as a more tactile experience. We are all currently awakened to some degree. I notice you and you notice me, so a certain degree of awakening is required for such an identity process to take place.

It's in the attempt to describe what an awakened person should look/feel like is where we tend to run into confusion.

To me it's not words or ideas. It's presence. As we flush-out the mental imagery, and the words that they're wrapped in, we awaken to our-presence-of-being. Now to read this it all sounds semantic. While the experience itself is absent of such complexity. The experience is just awakening to our ongoing self.

Then, there's the idea of 'just-being' as an experience of pure boredom. I thought this at first until the implications settled-in as this experience of continual-presence deepened. I'm finding we have full access to our memory, only we don't need to remind ourself of anything to gain access to this memory. If we've taken the time to explore a particular subject we don't need to keep this at the surface of our thoughts. When we 'need' the information it will surface quite naturally, in response to direct stimulus, and will drift back into the quite space when the stimulus recedes. We don't need to continually identify with information, so we don't need to clutter our thoughts with such obsessions.

When information is important we can engage and apply it, when the importance recedes we let-it-go.

So "awakening/awakened" itself is not an intellectual process, nor is it based on the titles we give it. It's this organic experience of who we are on an on-going basis, quite free of the complications of mentally derived images. :)
My understanding of awakening takes a different approach; I'm mostly explaining this to expand on the semantic differences between our understandings of the term.

We previously held a much higher spiritual position; similar to angels. We experienced a fall a long time ago, that resulted in us losing our connection to the Source (or Light, or God.. or however you wanted to see it). By 'awakening' we're regaining the memories we had in the past.. reconnecting to the Light, and remembering a great many spiritual truths (wisdom) and techniques. At this stage, learning is no longer necessary.. there is no need to study, because knowledge of all things physical will be readily available.

My mother had progressed a fair way along this path, and had access to all languages; she could speak any/every language. We'd occasionally play a game where we'd pick a language and have her speak a sentence or two in that language.. even rare languages were spoken fluently without hesitation. And this example is only one portion of what 'awakening' means.