View Single Post
Old 29-03-2012, 01:18 AM
BwellBTR

Astalsuzy... It is not hypnosis, yet it is a format for the modifacation of a behavior. If you truly wish to stop smoking understand clearly why you choose to make the change in your behavior. Don't view it as I am going to quit, see it for what it is a habit. For any number of reason you may have started the practice, and you continue because you have given it a slot in you daily behavior. Smoking had a purpose then, but you find it to have become questionable as a reward at this stage of your understanding. Recognise that reason and use your new understanding as a reenforcement for the non smoking you. Never tell yourself I can't smoke anymore, say to yourself right now I choose not to have a cigarette, but I'll see if I still want one in say ten miniutes. If you think you smoke "all" the time, look for the time you don't. When your in the shower do you smoke? When your asleep do you smoke? There is a very good chance that in a 24 hour day you are a non smoker more than a smoker. If that is true for you, you just need to change the behaviors for those times you would otherwise be smoking... worked for me 30 years ago and still does today...