View Single Post
Old 26-11-2016, 12:16 AM
Lepus

Hello Busby,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
I have experienced the 'old hag' syndrome twice. Once when I was about 17 and then again about 42. I learned afterwards, in the public library, that this experience is called 'being attacked by a succubus' - a female seducer. The male form is called an inkubus.

In both cases I awoke and was unable to move because an enormous and 'evil' weight was pressing me into the bed. I recall the struggle I had to get rid of this horrible thing when I was 17. The second time, when I was about 42, I recognized what was happening from the first time and quickly threw it off.

Now of course I tend to think of this as simply something caused by my own mind - I can't really believe that evil 'forms' move about independently and cause such ructions. Or maybe they are a sort of poltergeist - but these are 'entities' we don't understand either.

However in recent years I have experienced 'the exploding head syndrome'. This is something you can google for information and it's accepted by psychologists as a mind projection. However I have to say that it was very frightening the first time. It's a very loud noise or noises, similar in fact to cymbals clashing very near at hand which take place just above the head. The amazing thing is that the brain projects these mind-made noises outwards into the room so you think you are hearing the noises with your ears. This happens in a state of half-sleep.

The three times this happened was more than enough to convince me of the power of the human mind and show me just how little we do know about ourselves.

I thought both succubus and inkubus live off of sexual energy without strangling their victims? If you would call being paralysed strangled by an entity, then I could attest this to be untrue from my experience, since I never had any contact with entities.

I never heard of this EHS. I did a quick search. I honestly had similar experiences regarding imagined noises when falling asleep, but they were subtle. It might be a sign of clairaudience? Who knows. I don't know much about this EHS to give you feedback.

The mind is a powerful tool.

Blessed be,
Lepus