View Single Post
Old 17-03-2018, 01:23 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Namaste Greenslade,

Talking to the soul, I like that. For it seems some may be a little more open in this form of interaction. It is the energy and tone I pick up on mostly. Suppose this in its way is the soul emitting through.

Gestalt reality, the sum parts creating the whole, seems to the way I observe life. For what creates what is observe? The parts and noticing how they interlink and interact. May reach a point and think one is there and it's figured out, but there always seems to be more waiting to be noticed.

Looking at nature can see the interconnections and interactions in motion.

Looking at "ego" as self identity there does seem a contradiction in trying to kill it. For it seems this in itself takes on an identity, as you present.

Perhaps a misunderstanding of what the whole practice or identity thing is about.
For to me it is not so much about no self or ego, but seems to point to a non self. Meaning identity of self is temporary and changing, but in its essence it is the sum of all the lifetimes lived/experience and one being is this in its wholeness.

But for me have this life I am living at present and that is the focus. I know will kick off eventually and my soul will go off where it will. So this part of the journey forms into being with in the whole journey of soul. Adds to the story and consciousness.

But, don't feel it is a solo act. For the lives touched along the way and touch mine blend into being of the journey, adding to the story and the consciousness.
So in a way becomes selfless in its totality.

To make sense of it and create the stories there is the individual. With this comes an ego/self identity. As stated in other posts. To tell and live the stories recorded with in the consciousness with in oneself and with in what gets carried on.

We are quite the package, creation.

For some reason this thought comes to mind some just try too hard to be some thingy and most of the time it is an image or idea held onto. The one that don't just are being as he/she is and really don't give much thought about this.
Both being just the individual being at the moment.

Yes sometimes need a reflection to see oneself. Sometimes can just enjoy the light sparkling on the water or the clouds passing by. Showing the parts blending together in the wholeness of life doing its thing.
Namaste Moonglow

Lao Tzu said in the Tao Te Ching -
"Life, indeed, is like a heat haze,
Things have no form in themselves."

When I first read that I was about nineteen or so and quite frankly a lot of it went over my head so fast it whistled. It's been quite a Journey since. All those years ago, was he talking about quantum theory? Because the energy strings that the physical Universe is made up of have no form in themselves, and if you look at the strings from the theory they certainly look as though they're being seen through a heat haze. If you are picking up on the energy and tone - and tone is vibration after all - is that quantum entanglement?

The body is quite dense vibration while the Soul is...... What is the Soul? Is it a single vibration or - like the human voice - a wide range of tones of a range of vibrations?

That's the interesting thing about consciousness, because we can never quite nail it down and the more we become conscious the more there is to be conscious of - and the more we become conscious of what we're not conscious of. But all those parts 'make us tick' and if we take away just one small part we're in deep trouble. Personality is an aspect of the ego, so if we didn't have en ego and therefore no personality? I wonder how much of a dent that would cause our Spiritual Journey if it was based on the Spirituality of loneliness?

Often the question is what are we actually discussing? The Spiritual ego and the psychological ego are two very different beasts and that's where this discussion falls down, because ego is often portrayed as an ideology and forget the psychology. Ironically that brings them right back to their own definition of 'ego'.

I guess we're both in the same place, Moonglow. There's a Spiritual concept that we don't actually move or Journey, we are static while reality moves in front of us like the frames of a movie reel but it happens so fast that we perceive continuity. That I can figure because often while I'm so engrossed in an action movie I's static but there is the perception that I'm moving. Now not so much, there's the feeling more of standing still while reality happens all around. It messes with the head that's been used to thinking it moves and not what's around it, but it's hard to shake the feeling just the same.

Enjoying the wholeness indeedy.