Thread: Telepathic TF
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 06:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I hear what you say (even if it is difficult to hear typing but…well, it’s a clear day, these things happen, I mean, don’t they just?) but that poses the same difficulty as creation. If time is infinite there's no hypothetical start to when we chose future lives so if it’s true at all it was the choice of a pre-time creator – bloomin’ cheek! I didn’t ask whoever to set me on a trail that led to this! Twinless, with a complete soul…woe is me.
I'll take your word about clear days, I live in Manchester so they're about as common as unicorns and blue moons!

Cripes, you've given me something to think about there Mind you I don't think I've got the sort of mind that handles those sorts of abstract concepts too well, it took me a few minutes to even process what you said I've heard it said that everything's happening simultaneously and so there really is no past or future, and if I ponder that for more than a minute or two I feel an aneurysm coming on - this thinking lark really is a dangerous business, I figure it's better to take what feels right and relevant and discard the rest!
Quote:
So Ms Cayne and others of this wider community purport to know this past life processing for a fact? Where did she pick that up from? I’m so suspicious of people who claim they’ve channelled stuff from “ascended masters” so I hope it isn’t that! Because something sounds wise and good doesn’t mean it isn’t from their imagination. I believe we should all write our holy books, which means looking deep and most of what we find will pertain to just us individually. Only facts I can find are birth, tax and death.

I go with past lives because of glimpses of one – so I believe - but it is just my belief. I have no proof.
Yeah I'm always sceptical about such things - not to say that I necessarily disbelieve channelled messages and whatnot, but as I say I usually take what resonates and discard what doesn't. I see little value in beliefs at this point, I think of it more in terms of what feels right; might sound like a tired spiritual cliché but I do think it's true that the answers are to be found within. Seems to me that people become vulnerable to exploitation when they're desperately searching for answers 'out there', and God knows there are plenty of charlatans who will happily oblige them - for a price.

Mind you, with that said I do believe in the phenomenon of past/parallel lives, too, even though like you I've no proof of their existence - not even so much as a glimpse. I've been told by a couple of people of various past lives I've supposedly lived, and I deem them to be credible so I tend to believe them (what they told me made sense of certain issues I have in this life, too), but it really is just a belief at this point and therefore has limited value to me.
Quote:
In an SM establishment?
It puts a new slant on someone giving you the Cayne, d'nnit?
I didn't even think about that particular angle Though in truth I think it's more the case that her name's become synonymous in my mind with feckless charlatanism - and, as I say, my knowledge of her is very limited so I shouldn't prejudge her, really.