View Single Post
Old 15-01-2018, 10:42 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanchain
Yeah, I was also surprised by the violence of the energy that comes out. And the releases felt like it was never-ending which is almost hard to believe. But I suppose it makes sense, because the trauma did not happen in one moment but over a few hours as I was trying to get down the ski mountain. So perhaps the energy was repeatedly compounding in my body.

Hmm ... I don't see much improvement in my behaviors, maybe because my violent releases are mostly related to the physical trauma. I do feel that I am more tolerant of the cold weather, which is quite an odd change, but what was in my body's memory was the cold on the ski mountain, and now I shook it off, I don't mind winter as much.

My improvement on the psychological trauma is also very subtle. I think because I am taking a long time to re-write my neurological pathways. But in general, I am more relaxed. Although I don't feel big differences in myself, I feel it in the people I interact with. They seem less uptight, less anxious, less worried, etc. around me. I think it's because I am emitting a different "vibe" now.

I don't experience the changes directly after trauma releasing, but it seems to happen some time after. I heard somenoe else say that too, it might have been Peter Levine not sure, that it works like that. Also I don't notice big changes all of a sudden, it seems to happen slowly over time. I don't really even notice it myself, other people have to tell me. But if I try hard to think about it, yes I am much calmer than I used to be. I used to be terrified pretty much all the time, now it is much less. Also I've separated from all the abusive people in my life and I'm not constantly being retraumatized. I don't think about how much has changed, I just keep pushing forward, but if I really think about it, I guess it is pretty dramatic. I guess the message is, keep it up, it's worth it.