View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 05:41 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
We as soul/spirit are conscious beings experiencing the world of form through a physical body. That physical body is necessarily limited, but such limitations do not apply to the indwelling consciousness. The sense of being alive comes from soul/spirit consciousness, not from any body consciousness. I suspect that after the body has died we feel even more alive than we do now.

Diseases which affect the brain may change our patterns of behaviour and our ability to relate to the external world and other people, but they have no effect on our nature as consciousness. They simply affect the vehicle through which consciousness expresses itself.

There may be definite physical causes of Alzheimer's, perhaps caused by lifestyle choices and environment, but I also think that there is a spiritual component. The Soul is gradually withdrawing from the physical vehicle, perhaps because it has served its purpose for this incarnation. But until the body dies it becomes an empty shell, lacking intelligent awareness, functioning through old patterns. The lights are on but usually there is no-one at home. The previous occupant has moved on, but may sometimes come back for a brief visit.

Others may disagree - I have no personal experience of the subject.

Peace.
That is an interesting view. However, one of the hallmarks of gradual degenerative diseases such as this is that there are ups and downs, not just a constant decline. Your idea seems to imply that, if the spirit starts moving on, and the returns (you return to a higher state of lucidity in the body), then shouldn't you recall your spirit moving on? There are even many recorded instances of people regaining some lucidity at the very end of Alzheimers progression, withoit any paranormal recollection (though death bed visions do occur and appear to be a different phenomena, usually just before death)