View Single Post
Old 19-10-2017, 04:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I don't want to offend anyone here so I will try to be careful. But there is a religious turn of thought or belief system that believes that when the "End Times" happen with much degradation, tragedy, catastrophe, destruction....then Jesus Christ will return to Earth.
There seems to be even a welcoming of cataclysmic events and all the destruction that brings, because it is a harbinger of Christ's return.

In my heart I do not feel Jesus Christ would wish us to have to go through all that hell while he hovers there in the ether waiting to come back to us in physical form in some grand gesture.

He is already alive. He is with us as much as we attune to Him, and open our Hearts to Him.

To answer your question "Are these the 'End Times'?"
Gosh....how do I know? Yes some very very bad stuff is happening world wide. I cannot explain why. It certainly is a wake up call to anyone who has choice and is aware, to really work to get their act together to try to make this a better world.

Back in the 1970's I came to Faith and was visiting the Christian bookstores. I recall Hal Lindsay's "Late Great Planet Earth", wherein he described the end of days scenerio, not so much as an affirmative action against a rebelliant humanity, but a withdrawal of the Holy Spirit of God.
Which would involve largely the "Rapture", so called.

Wherein, the world would be bereft of the redeemed of God, and saved, including those in government who were of concience, and spiritual and moral compass.

My thoughts in later years was that this spiritual event would most likely occur during a man made event, of global impact, and scope.

What non believers ignore is that the invisible is the greater reality, not the visible and material world.
Even science attests to this today.

Meanwhile, though while the scriptures and prophecy tells us that incredible turbulence is goung to occur, that Jesus stated has never occurred, nor will again on earth, that there are verses in the Bible stating,
"World without end."

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein