View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 10:53 PM
mac

"As an example, are you familiar with the work of Dr Michael Newton, or those who followed him using similar techniques? He is a hypnotherapist who regresses people not into their past lives, but into their experiences in the spirit world between Earthly lifetimes. I would say that by doing this he is accessing what I have been referring to as the higher self of the person, the spirit self who is very noticeably able to answer questions the physical self before regression could not (even when under hypnosis), offer insights about their behaviour which the physical self did not have, and often displays personality traits and/or describes their physical appearance in ways which differ markedly from that of the physical self, as well as describing the life in the spirit world the physical mind cannot remember. While it doesn't necessarily help as far as the mechanism of it all is concerned, this kind of material does suggest that if this aspect of us is accessible via hypnosis it may be accessible via other means of achieving altered consciousness as well, including practices like meditation and mediumship/telepathy."

Yes I know the work you mention here but I still have to be persuaded that the apparent recalls of lives in the etheric are authentic.

It's so difficult to be certain that by attributing it to communication of the sort you mention, without certainty about the original details, could be building without a foundation, making things fit.

But that's just a personal comment without the benefit of a detailed study of all the work and I fully accept I may be misjudging the situation.

thanks