View Single Post
Old 22-08-2019, 11:17 AM

When we watch our breath in meditation it should be a very gentle attitude that we have and not forced at all. Simply be aware of your breath as it goes in and then as it goes out - don't alter the breath at all, it should be natural. Just observe very gently. Or you can just watch where the breath turns, where it changes from the in-breath to the out-breath.

Are you breathing through your nose? This will increase energy in the head and mental energy. So try breathing through you mouth which will bring you into your heart, your whole body and being and ground you. You can even make a sound as you exhale which will reverberate through your body and be very soothing and healing yet energizing. You can also use Mudras to change the focal point of your energy: touching your thumb to your index finger will focus energy in your head so try touching your thumb to the middle or ring finger and see which feels best to you.

I remember when I started out I would do pranayama whilst running! It certainly awakened my chakras but it was so sudden and strong that I didn't know what to do with the energy. Now I practice more gently so I can integrate the energy which is awakened. Good luck with your practice.