View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 08:01 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Bear
I have read Sylvia Brown, and her answer to this question most resonates with me. I'll paraphrase: She said, we are energy. When it is our time our soul energy leaves. You are greeted by your loved ones, you have an opportunity to watch your life. You are met with your spirit guide, hash over learning experiences. You are cleansed, you play, you learn, you sit with Jesus. Your biggest learning experience is coming to Earth, the greatest school, hard knocks, lucky breaks and heart breaks, but it is all learning. You also have a chance to return to Earth, either to continue a life you knew or completely new experience. You and your Spirit Guide decide what will happen and your life is played out.

Wow! Sylvia Browne is a name I’ve not heard in a long time!

I first heard about Sylvia Browne at the start of my spiritual journey of self discover (along with Betty Eddie, who wrote Embraced by the Light). Indeed this was a time I adopted many New Age beliefs. While I loved - and even lived - the idea of a soul family, life review, an afterlife, spirit guides, and many other similar beliefs that resonated so much more than Christianity or religion ever did - at the very centre it still didn’t quite ring true with me. Mainly because I felt it wasn’t tangible enough for me to reach out and touch.

It’s only after I went through two life changing events (one that resulted in ‘my search for the truth’ and another that called into question everything I had come to believe in spiritually) that resulted in a choice of me either falling back into the comfort of my previous ways, or use these to follow through so I could find what I believe to be ‘my truth’.

This meant being prepared for all answers and all eventualities. So I could accept the conclusion in my heart - even if it went against what I wanted to believe.

Where I’ve always believed that ‘the truth’ is never hidden from us, so if we want to discover who we are using our life experiences then becomes an inner knowing and understanding.

Yes, it often takes listening and the reasoning of others to help us see clearly - and for us to not just understand but have real faith in what we come to believe. Without any restrictions or confinements of something that may or may not be the definitive way.

Admittedly this can be quite difficult with so much information and misinformation available. So to find out the real truth we have to know how to look within ourselves.

In simple terms, we each have complete freedom of thought and what we feel is right for us. Where I’ll always respect the views of others, and will never say one belief is more relevant over another. As we should go with what we feel is right for us.

For me, I wanted to take it to the edge and beyond - to understand the full nature of who I am. To realise that everyone and everything is this universe and this universe is us. Is cosmic consciousness. As am I. Beyond the functionality of pure evolution, and also beyond an external judgemental creator.

So, maybe the question becomes for each of us is... are we happy with where we are, or do we feel deep inside that there is something more?

As if you feel that the the views of Sylvia Browne is also your definitive belief, and although admittedly I may see things a little differently, I with my hand on my heart think that is so beautiful.

Indeed, I constantly question and revaluate - and I’ll always be receptive to different views. As this helps me constantly rationalise my understanding

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking