Thread: Supersoul
View Single Post
Old 28-12-2016, 09:30 PM
Ascender

Evidential Spirituality -

https://thesearchforlifeafterdeath.c...eath-research/

"Evidential Spirituality: How to Build Spiritual Beliefs from Life After Death Research
The Difference Between Faith-Based and Evidence-Based Spirituality

For those of us who are not part of an organized religion but have a strong interest in the research and evidence for life after death, how do we define ourselves when asked about what we believe?

For some, the answer might be agnostic, new-age, or spiritual. For me, spiritual came closest to the truth, though most people equate a person’s identification as ‘spiritual’ with being undecided; believing in a vague and undefined higher power, but going no further in refining one’s beliefs. The term spiritual seemed to insinuate that although I had some belief in a higher power, I haven’t given the subject much thought, much less defined the finer points of astral mechanics. The accepted definition of spirituality is strongly associated with faith and many people who use a faith-based path to spirituality rely on personal and emotional beliefs about their philosophy of life and death as a foundation. Faith based spirituality is a perfectly acceptable path, one that can be extremely rewarding and intensely personal. In many cases, spirituality is also defined through personal development, with keywords of self-awareness, meditation, peace, connection and other types of self-improvement techniques.

Many people don’t realize that spirituality can also be obtained through a different path; one that relies on evidence, logic, skepticism, science and research. What results is a spirituality that is distinctly different from one based on faith or personal development, and it is that distinction that I believe deserves to be defined."

Rest in link