View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 12:21 AM
Juanita

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee
Basically people think if they ignore or reject the truth that they can escape it. What of the souls who never heard of Jesus Christ? Well, that's why missionaries are so important. Aren't you glad one (or at least an internet missionary) is here now that is attempting to spread the Good news? It isn't about knowledge, special knowledge or works. There's nothing anyone can do to earn this gift in which S. Sheep speaks about, it is only given in Grace.

All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Nobody can claim themselves innocent. Ephesians 2:8-9: For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. All one needs do is accept the eternal gift given by the Father through Jesus Christ. Whether anyone was predestined to life eternal apart from the Father, through this gift they can be reconciled.

As for the "man on the deserted" island argument, it is important to reach out to him, he is deserving of the good news of the gospel. But hypothetically lets say that a person lived and died never hearing of Jesus, this is my speculation, but I'd think that God will judge them of the truth they rejected or lived by His standard of righteousness. That isn't relative, that is by the absolute laws of the supreme law giver/creator. Isn't it something curious how everything according to the laws of the universe, namely certain laws such as thermodynamics work as an example, or rather nature serving as a slave/master relationship? Yet why is it that only mankind rejects a supreme law giver?

Scattered Sheep calls Jesus Master, as all the greats had throughout the Bible. When one isn't free to do their own will any longer they become a slave, doing the will of their master. That is the example set by not only the Biblical greats but by Jesus, which can be demonstrated by the subordination of the Trinity.

Welcome to our "banter".....How can you quote the book that they call the bible as evidence of any kind?...Is this the only evidence that you have to offer? It means nothing to me....Most of the gospels were written 100-300 years after everyone who knew anything were long dead...