View Single Post
Old 23-04-2018, 03:20 PM
Experiencer

So did you miss where I pointed out what happens to little boy chicks? How is me, buying their sisters, going to change anything about that industry?

And if I buy those chickens, let the roosters grow, are you (as my fictitious neighbour) going to be thrilled that my property is becoming over run with chickens and all my roosters are crowing outside your bedroom window? Besides, chickens have been bred to lay an egg a day. That is not 'their own pace' and it is terrible for their bodies.

There is no dilemma. You don't need milk or eggs to be healthy, I am the proof of that as are millions of other dedicated vegans. The only dilemma is how to justify using helpless animals because 'I' don't care enough about their suffering to change my philosophy of life.

I would suggest that it would be a useful thing for vegetarians and everyone to investigate how those animals are treated from birth to death. A technology of sex selection would still leave mother cows bellowing for their newborns, living their entire 'milking lives' in filthy barns and walking on concrete and suffering from any number of ailments and joint pain.