View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 03:03 PM
Master
Q..For twenty five years I have been doing spiritual disciplines, mostly repeating the name of Krishna. Until now I was managing fifty thousand repetitions a day. Now my mind refuses to engage itself in thought of God. What has happened to me and what should I do?

How did you come here from Madras?

By train.

And then what happened when you got to the station at Tiruvannamalai?

Well, I got off the train, handed my tickets and engaged a bullock cart to take me to the ashram.

And when you reached the ashram and paid off the driver of the cart what happened to the cart?

It went away, presumably back to the town.

The train brought you to your destination. You got off and didn't need it any more. It had brought you to the place you wanted to reach. Likewise the bullock cart. You got off when it had brought you to Sri Ramanasramam. You don't need the train or the cart anymore. They were the means for bringing you here. Now you are here, they are of no use to you.

This is what happened to your spiritual practice – your japa, your reading and your meditation have brought you to your spiritual destination. You don't need them anymore. You yourself did not give up your practices; they left you of their own accord because they have served their purpose. You have arrived.

I love this teaching. You have arrived, you are where you are surposed to be.