View Single Post
Old 27-07-2016, 10:24 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
How does one assess awareness of the telepathic process? The most direct way is to simply ask you to explain as best as possible your understanding of how telepathy operates. ... You don't have to reveal the word --- just your understanding of the process. ...
Still_Waters, I am unable to explain in a complete and detailed way how telepathy operates. However, I do believe that telepathy is probably a kind of "mental radio" (by the way, one of the most famous books on telepathy is "Mental Radio", by Upton Sinclair, with a preface by Albert Einstein, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_Radio). Telepathic and mental information would be transmitted via electromagnetic waves, of frequency around 30 megahertz, in the shortwave band, in order to be able to explain the very long range property of extra-sensory perception.

Gravitational waves are usually very weak, and very hard to detect (they have never been both produced and detected in a laboratory), while weak and strong interactions are very short ranged. So, the electromagnetic interaction seems to be, by far, the best candidate to account for telepathy, especially in view of the fact that any accelerated charge radiates electromagnetic waves, and accelerations of ions are very common occurrences in the brain (for example, when a sodium channel of a neuron opens, and sodium ions rush into the cell, accelerated by the difference of electric potential between the outside and the inside of the cell).

Here I have disregarded specifically "spiritualistic" theories, which assume our "souls" could somehow interact in a non-physical way, there is no scientific basis for such theories.