Thread: Mother Issues
View Single Post
Old 20-10-2018, 04:23 AM
Master
Totally!

My mother knows that I will get everything done, but it has to be in my own time and way, or else I simply will not do it.

I don't suffer fools gladly, nor will I allow myself to be controlled by another person...but she has found a way to bypass all that and get totally under my skin simultaneously.

My mother is in a wheelchair, paralysed down one side due to a stroke 20 years ago, has had a broken hip 10 years ago, just came out of hospital a month ago after having a benign tumor removed from her brain and also a hernia operation...she cannot walk, can barely stand up...she can, but she cannot balance herself.

So, I have been spending the past 6 hours doing housework non-stop...I got the laundry out on the line early, washed up dishes, mopped floors, cooked lunch, dusted furniture, cleaned up after my teenage niece and nephew, cleaned the porch etc...I was going along okay...I was very happy.

I decided to sit down and rest and have a cup of tea and as SOON as I did, my mother goes "those clothes should be dry now, can you please go and take them off the line immediately?" and I go "I'm tired, mum....give me half an hour to rest, but then I will go and do that".

With that, my mum scowled and started forcibly wheeling her wheelchair away from me going "don't BOTHER then...I will get my shoes on and go and do it MYSELF...but if I have an accident or fall down, I hope you can live with yourself".

With that, I got up and said "okay, I will do it right now, but I will tell you something...you can just eff off...I hate you".