View Single Post
Old 23-09-2017, 10:01 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Did a 90-minute sit last night, thought I'd be trying to claw my eyes out by the end but actually I felt pretty calm throughout - my equanimity skillz must be through the frickin' roof, man

Ok I'm being silly, but I do feel much more at peace atm. I do find myself wondering where all the bliss and mind-blasting kundalini experiences are at times, which I appreciate is to miss the point somewhat.

Bindu* - wow, you sound very dedicated, and it sounds like you've established a good routine - good for you :) I've tried mantra meditation in the past but I didn't stick with it, never really 'bought into it' so to speak, felt a bit contrived to me. Each to their own, though, we've all got to find what works for us - oh and I'll check out the link, thanks :)

Seeing as you mentioned kundalini, it raises an issue I've been having in that I have a lot of activity in my crown and third eye (that's been on-going for over four years), and as a result my head tends to fall back when I meditate in the half-lotus; I'm not sure what to do about this, do I focus on keeping my head level, do I meditate lying down, or what? Anyone got any suggestions/advice?

Namaste Human being

For me the mantra is a means to express go into the longing for freedom.
Seeing myself helpless to go beyond ego, the mantra is a representative of the highest state. Repeating a mantra empowered by a Guru or spiritual lineage (initiation) is a simple way of going step by step up the ladder. All guru's speak highly of mantra yoga as a foolproof way to go all the way.
A way of using the minds thinking habit to shortcut itself. It is also a way of building spiritual samskaras (patterns circuits), as all thoughts and intentions are under karmic law and cause effects that have to be dealt with. Mantra cheats the way out of it, slowly but inevitable.....purification of samskaras and blockages that ultimately lead to the light coming forth unobstructed.

I have no real competence to give advice about your energies in the crown or third eye. But I think it's the activation of prana in the sushumna. Not Kundalini awakening itself but similar...
Googled it and what came up was an answer on the really excellent site
swami.com. Swami Rama stuff....

http://www.swamij.com/kundalini-awakening-3.htm

But as I said I don't know or dare to give advice. That's for real advanced yogis or Guru's.