View Single Post
Old 29-06-2019, 03:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Absolutely. We might equally say that the absence of boundaries negates the golden rule and renders us unable to extend the morality of lovingkindness and equanimity in any meaningful or skillful way.

Peace & blessings
7L

This might an inconvenient conversation, because it is going to require any teacher quoted to not be interested in getting something out of their students or their organisation. I was schooled under the tenet of dana, to give without expecting anything in return, and that's the principle my school operates on - hence it's a Non-Profit and no one gets paid for their service. If I give service I do that for the benefit of others. If I make a donation, I do so that someone else can be roomed and fed on their retreat to learn the meditation. It is part of the teaching to practice dana, so no one gets anything in return and no one pays for what they do get. It will destroy 'what you want' from other people and cultivate 'what can I do for them'. Because I lived it, I learned it, and that's how I know that the teachers who are getting something from their students, like sex, money, or a lot of nice cars, have not yet matured as 'noble' (as they say in Buddhism).