View Single Post
Old 30-12-2017, 08:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by open2it
I believe if belief in Jesus being the way works for you then have at it and praise the Lord.

One thing that was pointed out to me was the Baptist verse and way for salvation known as the Roman's road to salvation. Yes I was baptized as an adult when I got into the Baptist religion. The verse reads no one can come unto the Father but by ME. The word ME is supposedly italicized because it is not the original wording. Supposedly the original wording is by I AM.

I don't think Jesus ever said believe in himself if you want to see heaven. Quite the contrary he said it is not by his own works but the works of his Father that he is one with. Moses asked God his name and God said "I AM". This in my understanding is why the original wording probably was actually I AM and not "ME".

People think New Age is of the devil and a false teaching but yet New Age believes we are one with God. Not that we are God but we are one with God. Now isn't that strange that that is exactly what Jesus taught?

I believe if Jesus were alive today walking and teaching as he did back then that many religious people would again crucify/discredit him for blaspheming God. Just tell a Christian minister or a Christian that you are New Age and you will probably not see them again and they most likely will not want to get in a discussion with you about it. IMO New Age is Old Age that Christ taught.

I strive to reach my higher consciousness of my I AM, Godly nature, by realizing and understanding what Jesus taught rather than believing he himself is the way.

I once had a JW come to my home to talk to me. I asked does he live around here and he said yes and as a matter of fact he was the local JW minister.
I said well I tell you what, if you read my book then I will read yours. He said he couldn't do that. I said then we have nothing more to talk about. I never saw him again.

I choose to practice what Jesus taught, which I believe is how life and the Lord works. Read the Book of Job and you show me where Job said his problems were a punishment from God as his Christian fellows believed. Job at first was swayed by the other Christians but then he realized God didn't bring his sorrows upon him but rather he himself did by giving his fears power by attention/belief.

Is there any verse or book in the bible where the apostles said the way was by belief in Jesus? Or did they teach the way was to believe in what he taught.

Like I said if what you believe works for you then good for you. I always thought or was led to believe Buddhism was just chanting joke. Read what Buddhism believes and you just might be shocked what they believe. Oh my goodness it sounds like New Age. It amazes me how people are taught New Age is a false teaching by the devil yet have people ever done more than just believe what their religion tells them about it? Instead of going by hear say of a religious belief that they will not even discuss or validate try researching yourself where the truth lays.

I know I might as well have hit a hornets nest with a baseball bat. Like I said you believe as you choose and let me make my choice also.

What Buddhist teachings sound like New Age to you ?