View Single Post
Old 30-09-2017, 03:42 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal canuck
Thanks for the sentiment Clover ! That was very elegantly put !

In the olden days it was not uncommon to have just a gold band without any stone at all.

It's really interesting about the markup on diamonds. I guess they have to make their money somehow and put on sales like the rest of us. Once I was shopping for diamonds in retail stores, and I was pricing out diamonds and the sales lady was trying to sell me these genuine diamonds that had certificates mined in Alaska/Yukon and they were guaranteed not blood diamonds. Me being less sentimental and just wanting a deal, I asked her " how much for the blood diamonds ? " I don't think she was very impressed

Here is some pictures of one I am considering for her. The band is an 18K and the stone is a huge raspberry red ( bordering purple ) natural tourmaline. This is a vintage piece from the early 20th century. It has also been signed by the artist.

One thing you might find interesting if you used to work in jewelry, is that I read sometimes red tourmaline is sold as ruby.

Hey! I am sorry I missed this thread. Beautiful, I love it reminds me of a bit of amethyst. A very deep undertone it has, I particularly liked the shape of the stone, looks like you could stare deep into it like a crystal ball hehe. I personally prefer silver tones (as far as a band) with purple, you should check that out as well in person if you get a chance

I hope you two figure it out! Looks lovely
Cloves