View Single Post
Old 13-08-2014, 08:15 AM
Master
Thank you Nameless and Silvergirl. How does one provide self-help instructions for receiving the gift of grace? It's an act of grace after all! The next best thing: remind ourselves and each other that grace, magic and spirit is around us always. We are surrounded by this transformative miracle, we are swimming in it each and every moment. Our simple task is to awaken to this miraculous grace-filled reality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lili
Some great posts here. Thanks Baile and Fruitloop. I grew up entrenched in the fashion industry. Both sides of my family. Weight and appearance were HUGE issues. Was defined by what I looked like. And believe me, I came up short in that dept. But in great wisdom I did choose this as part of the blueprint for the incarnation. To heal. Sometimes I think I was on drugs when chosing/planning this incarnation. Not really
Hi lili. I respect your perspective, and I appreciate your acknowledging mine. Because no matter which perspective and view one takes, the desire is still the same: to heal. For me, healing required doing something about my weight. For me, it was not enough to simply accept it and learn to love my physical self regardless of how much I weighed. For me and for my soul, I needed to do something practical. I needed to lose weight.

Regarding your choosing/planning comment: The greater the soul challenge, the greater the possibility for a paradigm-altering leap of consciousness. I was an alcoholic at the age of 23. I should have died in a motorcycle crash (blackout drunk, doing 90k on the highway), but instead woke up alone in a field somewhere, 3 am, motorcycle still running and the exhaust burning my leg (that's what woke me up: the pain of my searing flesh). It woke me up in more ways than one. I quit drinking the next day, cold turkey, and have been sober for 35 years now. THAT is grace, spiritual communion, spiritual will.

Likewise I quit drugs and tobacco the same way, from one moment to the next - instantaneous healing after experiencing a paradigm-shifting revelation - and never had the urge after that. The soul knows what it must do, and WILL do it when the time comes to act. This is our spiritual birthright.

Last edited by Baile : 13-08-2014 at 10:38 AM.