Thread: No Self
View Single Post
Old 16-11-2016, 02:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Self
In the recent past I have realized so much about what I call the fabric of life. I can see clearly that we are an expression coming forth from a relative nothingness and returning to that same relative nothingness is a journey that I see as life.

Lately though, I see something else and that is, for this fabric to exist, as I see it, then there cannot be anything about this expression called me that can contain what some call a soul, atman or even a higher self. We simply return to nothingness. Our existence is our being but it ends there.

Furthermore, it follows, to me, that this expression must be hardwired, predisposed to act the way it does and to think the way it does. There is nothing there to act or think. Even the act to ignore ones thoughts, since there is no one to have those thoughts and no one to ignore those thoughts, is basically a hard-wired response from an individual expression which follows its own path back to its source, relative nothingness.

I’m posting this here because what I’m suggesting seems to fall into Buddhism. No self, no souls, etc.

I’d be interested in any comments. Imagine life with no self, no improving, no choice, no afterlife. Who would want that? Are we all avoiding seeing that? Is this what The Buddha saw?

Here's the thing...I hope not! lol

Thanks for listening

One night my h was looking up to the night sky and I asked him a question. "what do you think is out there, where do you think we go in death?" He responded. "nothing out there and we go nowhere, this is it". It was plain and simple to him.

It has taken me a long time to catch up to his view. I guess I added a little bit to that, in that when you become aware of yourself as nothing in terms of the creation of this life creation of you and you open to life itself in you to know you without all that, you can create yourself in any shape or form you wish, but ultimately all that becomes is the awareness that I still exist and express myself as my part. This mind body whatever you wish to call it, is very much alive and existing as itself. Everything becomes a temporary changing awareness. So who am I? I exist and live this life more aware of myself and what I am being and what I am not being..yet I am being something here in relation to creation and life itself as a piece of the whole.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder