View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 05:39 PM
Master
Why aren't things improving?

I have posted a number of times on here about my marriage and the tail spin it has been in since last Sept.

Yes I considered divorcing him a number of times.

But ultimately I have 11 years invested in this and we are raising two kids...

Trying to recover from the big issues that afflicted out marriage has been a struggle.

We only had two nights a week together as my job kept me out working the rest of the week.

And the closest friend I made to help get me through the worst of things was someone that made my husband incredibly jealous.

I have since changed my availablity and made it so I am off 5 nights a week.

I have also cut contact with the afore mentioned friend.

It seemed both of these things would improve the situation... but they haven't.

Instead now I am expected to spend every spare moment with him and when I don't he gets all [Edited by staff/swearing not permitted] and starts telling me I don't love him.

I spent a night out with a gal pal last week and he was [messed up]

Then last night I decided I wanted to do some writing and this morning I woke up to him sulking and acting like it signifies a problem in our marriage.

... I am at a loss.

Part of me thinks this has to do with the fact that there is a memorial service coming up for one of his gaming friends. I already gave him my permission to attend but the girl he cheated on me with is supposed to be there.

I am worried that if he is looking for problems with our marriage on the back of being allowed to attend... knowing he will see her... he may be struggling internally with feelings he still has for her and trying to justify them by finding problems with us.

It seems ironic that when I start feeling better about our marriage, he starts having issues.

Looking for some advice and/or perspective.

Last edited by Clover : 05-08-2016 at 03:37 AM.