View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 03:48 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I think people take what a teacher said out of context, and if you u-tube non-dual videos, they are typically like an hour long (ain't nobody got time fer dat!). I haven't listened to some few, but I have heard many Jiddu Krishnamurti talks. His self determined path began with his speech 'The Truth is a Pathless Land', which marked him ending The Order of the Star of India, the spiritual organisation he headed. The speech transcript is pretty short and it's worth a look in context of this thread...

http://www.jkrishnamurti.org/about-k...ion-speech.php

Yes, no argument with JK’s assertion that truth cannot be organised.

My point is that if you are a seeker you are already on a path of sorts and the gravitational pull towards clarity is already in motion.

You may be drawn to disciplines such as traditional Advaita Vedanta or Buddhism or you may incline towards the more casual approach of attending meetings of satasang and ‘no path’ speakers. You might meditate or self inquire or spend time in nature. In these days of widespread media and technology your path might simply involve watching online videos and/or buying books and contributing to forums.

Either way, so long as you are seeking you will find yourself on a path (of sorts.)