View Single Post
Old 15-06-2019, 09:06 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaraja
This is all very well but how would we be in the Congo threatened by fanatics waiting to hack us bits at one end of the street whilst dealing with an outbreak of Ebola

This is an example of what Patanjali might describe as one of the five modifications of consciousness - an imaginary scenario of the mind which has no basis in reality.

I am not in the Congo threatened by fanatics and dealing with Ebola. I am sitting at my desk on a bright sunny winter morning. God is present here and now. If I imagine myself in the Congo then I am moving away from the here and now into a modification of consciousness, even though that modification of consciousness is also happening in the here and now.

If my physical reality was being in the above situation in the Congo, then that would be my here and now, and God would be equally present. Physically it might be somewhat less pleasant, but God would always be present.

Our awareness of the Divine is a state of consciousness. It does not depend on any particular physical environment.

Peace.