View Single Post
Old 27-05-2019, 03:02 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralwanderer
Great points.

Honestly, I think it was intuition about something that is now happening: I'm getting a divorce (discovering snakes in the garden I was trying to lovingly plant?), moving in with my dad tomorrow (temporarily, but still deserving of a heavy sigh), and getting SO MUCH pushback from my soon-to-be ex (the attempted heel strike at the last minute before the attempted getaway?).

The bifid tongue aspect as you clarified it is extremely helpful to me, and I will consider myself armed with that knowledge henceforth. ;)

Yup, kind of amazing how the subconscious mind conjures up the metaphors to represent feelings being generated by the events in our lives. Sorry about you having to go through that. I suppose we all want to sink our roots into a relationship and have someone we can count on, but if that relationship sours, those same roots can become treacherous things to deal with as we try to disentangle ourselves and get back out.

Anyway, knowing your situation clarifies the dream a lot. My other theory was going to be that you secretly want to start your own snake cult in your back yard, but are worried that things will get out of hand and your dad would find out and disapprove. That theory would have been way off, but probably more fun.