Thread: Hi :)
View Single Post
Old 23-07-2019, 01:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlight11
Thank you for your reply Uma :)

That's exactly the thoughts I've been having.
I feel that if I submerged myself into art I'll find healing.
To draw without expectations and just let myself get lost in it.
Thank you for the recommendations! I'll definitely check them out.
I want to try different mediums but I'm not sure how to go about it.
Did you take classes at college to try different things or did you do it on your own?
I have this image of a beautiful sky that I want to paint but I have never painted before. It just keeps popping up in my head. As if it wants expression. As if it wants me to put it on a canvas :)
I definitely want to try watercolours!

Starlight11,

I never went to art college but I have taken courses over the years...lately though mostly the free kind on YouTube. It depends on what your budget is, your time and your interests.

wetcanvas.com is a forum that is all about the visual arts - you will find a ton of info there on every aspect of it - from beginner to pro

One of the people who inspired me to get back into painting was Bob Ross - when reruns of his oil painting TV shows started popping up on Netflicks (and they're on YouTube also) I was inspired to try oil painting and he gives a lot of tricks to make it easier for the beginner.

I don't know what kind of watercolour technique you like but the one I fell in love with I discovered when I visited a Waldorf kindergarten - wet on wet...because I'm interested in mysticism and art so...

Since you are on a spiritual forum my suggestion is to go within and ask your Divine Self to lead you and to open up possibilities for you.

And remember that children are totally uninhibited about painting. Put a brush in their hands and they go to town - it's only as adults that we become judgmental about it and that just totally squashes the creative juices.

Wishing you all happiness as you explore,
Uma