View Single Post
Old 23-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Time

running is one of the best things you can do. Humans are built to run for hours on end, and keep going. ITs from our hunting and gathering past.

I have some knee problems as well, so its hard for me to run, but swimming and biking work really well. Im going to start getting into running again, but I have to build up my knee strength.

This includes full body stretches, especialy the calves, hamstrings and glutes. Stretching stops the mucles from geting tight and helps to eventualy ease some pain. Strengthening it takes a little bit more time. Leg press, biking, swimming, hanstring curls, and any excersise that works out the entire leg is good, becasue all the muscles around the injury are compensating for the damaged area ( which can cause some pain in itself)

A great study that was just done, has shown that running in shoes, even professional running shoes causes more shock and impact to run up your legs into your back. While barefoot running had little no no impact. Shoes force our feet to hit the ground differently then when we are barefoot. This always causes undo impact to your ankles and knees, even if you have perfect form.

LOl breath... im the same way. Im not a small guy, and i tend to walk with purpose, let alone run LOL. That IS a good way to get people to move!