Thread: Hi everyone
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 11:44 PM
Master
that is so wonderful Mystic, and inspiring to me as well. I get a lovely and exhilarating sense of peace from your sharing of that story and dream. You know I think that anyone can paint too, of course. and that is one of the things I like a lot about the style of shadow painting I mentioned. because anyone can make up imaginary plants and trees or whatever life-forms they want for the painting, and even easier is creating the background with abstract combinations of colors.

For most of my paintings I actually just did almost straight horizontal color strips, but I also did at least one with more chaotic design and I realized that looks much better, and can essentially be easier to just paint or float with whatever way your whim takes you to create the background. but of course there are so many ways to paint and subjects to capture or create. what are you thinking of trying to paint? you can always just get the canvas (or box or whatever, oh yeah that reminds me I also painted boxes for a while and that was so fun and I love those more than most of the paintings I did. I have a dark blue and silvery glittery one that looks like a galaxy and another that is blue and green for an ocean effect, and a rainbowy one I started for a friend too) and paint or other medium (like using spices or old makeup if you want) and see what happens. I want to do so much more painting. there is one idea for a painting that has practically haunted me but I don't think I could do it justice. I do like drawing female characters and attempted to paint at least one, but when I draw them usually they are in a certain standing position and have their hands behind their backs lol, and are a bit cartoonish or dramatic in feature. I did used to draw with pencil more realistic looking people and faces or objects though. but anyways, the idea for the painting is inspired by Libra, my Sun sign, and balance. it would be a beautiful Goddess type lady on the edge of a cliff with one foot standing on it, tippy-toed, and the other leg would be in the air along with one arm back in the air over the cliff, with the other hanging over the edge carrying a scale as is the symbol of Libra. perhaps some day I could attempt this but as for now I have to get my feet, or paintbrush, wet again. There is a lady Josephine Wall who does absolutely incredible magical painting.

https://josephinewall.co.uk/

I would love to finish my reply to you right now but my fiance wants to go to the grocery store so I will have to come back later. I am enjoying our conversation, thank you, glad I posted in your thread after you shared your positivity and good mood. it is contagious and I appreciate it because I've been getting a bit too lost in negative stuff lately and I am feeling a lot better now truly