View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 03:32 PM
Master

Hi Ianm1192,

Since in Spiritual Forums, this is the General Beliefs Forum , for “any other spiritual and metaphysical discussions”, I’d like to offer the following in response to your OP:

Quote:
For any who perform magic, what is your experience with the necessity to be precise with words? Is there any room for creativity?

I know the old adage about the person who performs a money spell, then has a relative die and leave them an inheritance. My issue isn't exactly with something like that.

Sure it is.
And in said approach, it is virtually unavoidable.

Ritual complexity; intellectual management of excruciating detail; reality manipulation; wants, desires, dislikes, etc.

It’s trying to be a self-styled ‘god’ by having ‘reality’ surrender to one’s own ‘power’.

Just a suggestion, but…
Why don’t you try spirituality?

e.g. Surrendering in some way, to God’s Love, Compassion, Will/Vision for you.

This is infinitely more certain, more expeditious, more satisfying; less tedious, less fraught, less subject to the vagaries of one’s own obscurity.

And there’s that vexing invisibility issue you introduced, that is often mysteriously so clear, but only in retrospect (with or without regret!).

Of course, if ‘God’ is the anthropomorphic male senior-citizen embodiment of Aversion to ‘my’ autonomy, then this presumed definition, attitude, and orientation could perhaps be more seriously meditated on and examined for the purpose of a deeper more holistic and truly subjective circumspective reality expansion and transformation - which seems to be exactly the object intended according to your OP anyway - only through a more effective, more meaningful and more satisfying means....

That being: by direct Identity…iow - allowing God to appropriately be the ‘Magician’, which does btw happen to involve a significant Creativity. But importantly, that creativity both aspires to and utilizes truth-consciousness as its means, whereby one becomes the instrument of Truth, vs. the mere wannabe puppet-master of forms and forces.

Just my tuppenceworth & I hope I've as well been sufficiently precise with words.

~ J