View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 03:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
The striving you mention , when I consider it, is there, thats true, I wonder if this striving is only an impulse of the mind, which makes me wonder, if the mind ever was to be perfectly still, would action cease? or would something else create action and what would this thing be if it did? In tai chi, at times when i still the mind (as much as I can anyway)and lose myself in the form, parts of my body whilst doing the form, can be observed by me, moving without any noticeable stimulous from me. Maybe that`s not the case but it feels like it.

There's really mundane times when I'm walking to somewhere and I find myself just there. My walking is happening as if it has to, and I can't make it stop or do anything to make it other than it is. I don't do the walking or not do it - I just know I'm walking - its like its a destiny unfolding. I don't put anything into it to make it happen, it's simply happening and I'm just there. It's a spacious feeling, big and quiet, but the city is still noisy, I still think of this and that, but I have a sense that I'm not the one doing it and life seems to know what to do. I later think how my breathing is happening while I am here, but I don't do it...